|Event Start Date||12/09/2022|
|Event End Date||16/09/2022|
Organised in conjunction with LS telcom
The course starts at 2 pm London/ 3 pm Central Europe / 9 am New York making it ideal for online participants in Europe and the Americas.
Topics and trainers include:
- A thorough grounding in the radio spectrum and its application
- Attend virtually or in person
- In-depth analysis of 5G
- Focus on spectrum sharing
- Sessions from world experts including Professors Martin Cave and William Webb
- In depth analysis of the latest economic and policy arguments
- A chance to interact with colleagues from other countries and sectors
- Comprehensive pack of learning materials
The aim of the course
Spectrum management requires knowledge of an unusually wide range of disciplines: engineering, economics, law, policy and regulation. It is also a field where accepted practices are changing rapidly. The increasing demand for spectrum fostered a growth in market- orientated approaches to spectrum management but the latest approaches lean more towards sharing as the dominant paradigm. This spectrum management training course delivers the essential technical foundations needed to support modern approaches while bringing attendees up to speed with the latest thinking in a range of other areas.
Who should participate?
The course is aimed at people who either work for regulators or a commercial organisation which needs to understand the principles of spectrum management. The programme is particularly relevant for the following fields: mobile; broadcasting; wireless broadband; electronics manufacturers; and public sector spectrum users such as aviation, maritime, emergency services and military.
The content is well suited to three groups of people:
- Staff wanting a solid grounding in all aspects of spectrum management
- Those experienced in one aspect of spectrum management seeking to broaden their knowledge
- Staff wanting to familiarise themselves with the latest thinking in the field
The benefits of the course
The course is not just an opportunity to learn; it is a unique opportunity to debate the latest thinking with world-renowned experts who helped develop the central principles of modern spectrum management.
Further benefits include:
- Interactive online learning software
- 15 hours of tutor contact time
- All live sessions recorded and available for later viewing
- Additional pre-recorded videos
- A chance to share experiences with colleagues from other countries
- Comprehensive reading pack included
- Certificate on completion of the course
Feedback from previous courses:
- “I rank the seminar as one of the best I have ever attended”
- “I particularly enjoyed the transmitter location exercise”
- “The course was very well planned with good speakers in a very nice surrounding”
- “Technical part was superb, in depth but still understandable (even for a lawyer!)”
- “The course was very interactive and many experiences were shared between students & sages!”
- “Relaxed atmosphere encouraged discussion”
- “The discussion on the transition from the command and control approach towards the market driven approach was particularly enriching”
- “The technical content was very well thought out and pitched at the appropriate level. ”
- “Interesting discussions amongst the delegates, different point of views”
Delegates fees are given in the table below: there is a £200 early bird discount if you book four weeks in advance.
|Course||Early bird price||Standard price||Early bird price||Standard price|
|In-person attendance||Online attendance|
|Understanding Modern Spectrum Management||£1400||£1600||£1000||£1200|
|All prices are plus VAT if applicable|
Please note: non-UK residents do not have to pay VAT for virtual attendance as long as they provide their VAT number. For in-person attendees, employees of foreign governments do not have to pay VAT.
Booking your place
Class size is limited to enhance the learning experience.
The course is being held in a specially designed audio-visual meeting room at Chinaworks, 100 Black Prince Road, London, SE1 7SJ, where PolicyTracker has its offices.
The course organisers
The course is being run by LS telcom and PT Publishing.
PT Publishing produces PolicyTracker, the journal of spectrum management as well as the Spectrum Research Service, business reports and bespoke research.
LS telcom is a worldwide market leader in the provision of strategic and technical consulting; training on technologies, regulation and policy; automated spectrum management and monitoring systems; and planning and optimisation software.