Understanding Modern Spectrum Management Sept 2013
A Five Day Training Course
- Learn through practical experience: new modules featuring spectrum orienteering and mock auctions - find out more
- A thorough grounding in the radio spectrum and its application
- In depth analysis of the latest economic and policy arguments
- Lively, engaging and interactive course modules delivered by specialist trainers
- Modules from world experts including: Professors Martin Cave and Gerard Pogorel as well as International lawyer Ann LaFrance
- Social events including a reception and a formal dinner
- A chance to interact with colleagues from other countries and sectors
- Comprehensive pack of learning materials
- Historic setting in one of Britain's oldest universities
- Excellent value: price includes accommodation and full board
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at people who either work for regulators or a commercial organisation which needs to understand the principles of spectrum management. The programme is particularly relevant for the following fields: mobile; broadcasting; wireless broadband; electronics manufacturers; and public sector spectrum users such as aviation, maritime, emergency services and military.
The content is well suited to three groups of people:
- staff wanting a solid grounding in all aspects of spectrum management
- those experienced in one aspect of spectrum management seeking to broaden their knowledge
- staff wanting to familiarise themselves with the latest thinking in the field
The benefits of the course
The course is not just an opportunity to learn; it is a unique opportunity to debate the latest thinking with world-renowned experts who helped develop the central principles of modern spectrum management. Further benefits include:
- A chance to share experiences with colleagues from other countries
- Comprehensive reading pack included
- Social events reflecting the unique historic nature of Oxford
- Ideal learning environment: the beautiful and ancient grounds of Oriel College
- Accommodation and full board included in the price
- Certificate on completion of the course
- “I rank the seminar as one of the best I have ever attended”
- “The setting was wonderful and will forever remain in my memory!”
- “Technical part was superb, in depth but still understandable (even for a lawyer!)”
- “The course was very interactive and many experiences were shared between students & sages!”
- “Relaxed atmosphere encouraged discussion”
- “The discussion on the transition from the command and control approach towards the market driven approach was particularly enriching”
- “The technical content was very well thought out and pitched at the appropriate level. ”
- “Interesting discussions amongst the delegates, different point of views”
The standard price for the course is £2745 + VAT for delegates booking on or before 9 August 2013. Thereafter the price is £2995 + VAT There is a further discount for PolicyTracker subscribers. Full details are online and on the booking form on the back page of the course brochure.
Booking your place
Class size is limited to a maximum of 20.
The course organisers
The course is being run by LS telcom and PT Publishing.
PT Publishing produces PolicyTracker, the online and printed journal of spectrum management as well as business reports and conferences.
LS telcom is a worldwide market leader in the provision of strategic and technical consulting; training on technologies, regulation and policy; automated spectrum management and monitoring systems; and planning and optimisation software.